Importing data from a large LAS dataset (single LAS file) is pretty easy, as demonstrated here. If the LAS dataset is tiled, it takes a little more effort. This video tutorial shows how you can create a simple Python script to import a tiled LAS dataset and turn it into a surface rapidly.
Some of the important commands used in this tutorial are:
- Data import/LIDAR/Inspect LAS file
- Data import/LIDAR/Import LAS file
- Layer/Merge visible layers
- Surface/Create/Surface from layer
- Data import/Web imagery/Download TMS tile for geometry